The new capability is a first for businesses and enables HSBC Business Internet Banking customers with an iPhone or iPod touch device to access their business accounts anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day, seven days a week via our multi award-winning Business Internet Banking service.
This will provide UK customers with a quick and easy logon to monitor their transactions in real time and with a high level of security, making it the most convenient and accessible banking service in the UK and Europe.
The launch on iPhone and iPod touch devices follows hot on the heels of HSBC being the first to launch Business Internet Banking on BlackBerry® devices in October last year and will offer up to 325,000 Business Internet Banking customers the flexibility to be able to manage payments, view balances as well as setting up and managing pensions.
Benefits of banking on iPhone / iPod touch include:
- Obtaining real-time balances and transactions on HSBC Bank sterling accounts
- Viewing balances for foreign currency accounts
- View balances on Business or Commercial Card and see current transactions and last six months’ statements for each card
- Make payments up to a total of £100,000 a day
- Choose to make sterling or currency payments to UK and international beneficiaries (including CHAPS or Priority Payments)
- Forward date payments and transfers up to 45 days in advance
- Make immediate transfers between their accounts
- Apply for an overdraft
Huw Morgan, head of business banking at HSBC comments; “Currently 70 per cent of our business customers choose to transact over the internet. These range from start-ups to large corporates but the fundamentals are the same – our customers want safe, instant access to their business accounts on platforms that suits them, at a time that is convenient.